I’m working on descriptions for the workshops I’ll be teaching in U.S. this spring and hope to have everything sorted and up on the blog by Monday. Time is tight today so I’m just going to leave you with two images of a clutch I stitched up last night, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
What can I say, I’m SO EXCITED to be returning to facilitate felting workshops in U.S. in 2012 and wanted to let you all know my confirmed dates as they stand right this minute!!! I’m planning 2 trips, one in the spring and one in the fall so if you live anywhere on the U.S. side of the water and would like to discuss me teaching, please just shout out loud NOW!!! I will be updating my workshop page in the middle of next week with more details and workshop descriptions as they get sorted but for the moment here are the dates and venues that are confirmed as of last night.
- 11th and 12th May – Lexington, KY workshops organised for the second time by the wonderful Jan Durham, master of the dye pot! Provisions have been made to add an additional date if numbers dictate, one day costs $165 including amazing food, both days $300. Please email Jan and she will answer questions and take your reservations.
- 18th, 19th and 20th May – Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival, a first time experience!
- 25th and 26th May – Plainwell, MI workshops organised for the third time by international traveller and felter extrodinare Dawn Edwards! Please email Dawn if you have any questions or want to book your place.
- 29th and 30th September – I’ll be returning for the third time to join the wonderful mother and daughter team Sharon and Emma from The Tin Thimble in Loomis, CA. Please email Emma if you would like to jump on the bandwagon early!
- October – TBA
Whew, isn’t that all SO EXCITING???
Also, I’m stoked because Dawn’s ‘Fantastic Felt Hats’ workshop on Saturday 21st April is now booked out so I’ve made the commitment to organise a second workshop, the date will be Sunday 22nd. I booked the venue for both days this morning, we will be working in Borris Hall which is right in the centre of Borris town itself and beside a couple of excellent spots to eat, drink, sleep and have what we Irish call ‘the craic’!!! If you have any questions or are interested in attending on Sunday please contact me asap as there isn’t much time to express your interest, several places are taken already and I expect the day to be booked out shortly!
I hope you all have a great weekend and please remember, there are still almost two and a half days left in which you can enter my felt pouch/clutch kit giveaway.
I arrived home safely yesterday afternoon but my luggage stayed in Atlanta, maybe it was trying to tell me something!!! Customs at the airport had already been informed that it was not on my flight so although it does mean I don’t have it back until sometime tomorrow afternoon at least the bag was traced and is now waiting for a courier to collect it from the airport in Dublin. This does give me a little ‘free’ time to catch up with everything here at Clasheen, please be patient however if you are waiting for an email response or something like that because it will definitely take a week or so to get back to ‘normal’ here! Writing is short and staccato like today, here are the highlights …..
- Pictures from the wonderful Lexington workshops are uploading to Flickr as I write this post, I will need to edit them somewhat but if you can’t wait to see the beautiful felt created head on over to the relevant set and have a look! You can also head on over and visit the Loco Life of Lindy if you are interested in reading about Jan and I visiting Lindy and Paul Huber’s beautiful Seldom Scene Farm on Sunday, I won’t spoil the fun but INTERESTING things happened ……….
- I need to update my links here to reflect the varied and inspirational blogs that I follow. Most are felt and fibre related and because I view them through Google Reader I have to copy and paste each URL individually and add them to my sidebar. At the moment I am thinking to have a totally seperate page for all of them, this would tidy up the front page of my site and I would be able to divide them into catagories easier, what do you think?
- Still link related I am going to write a post over the next few days linking to the websites and blogs of all the participants from the three different US workshop venues, some wonderful fibre related businesses for you all to drool over and order from!!!
- Don’t forget the first time anyone gets a chance to view Horst’s amazing couture garments outside of USA will be at this weekend’s Sheep and Wool Festival in Kilkenny. There will also be an exhibition of the incredible work from the girls in 6th class Presentation School Kilkenny (you remember the CRAFTed project I was involved in?) and I will be teaching 4 felting workshops over Saturday and Sunday. Please call in and say hello!
- The June Wikio rankings are just about to be announced and I am delighted to remain at no 5 in the top 20 UK and Irish knitting blogs, here is a sneak preview at the list …..
Finally but certainly not last, THANKS A MILLION TIMES to Emma, Sharon, Dawn and Jan (plus all your significant others!) for opening up your homes to me and organising the various legs of my workshop schedual, thanks to all the workshop participants for your enthusiasm and creativity not to mention wonderful felting ability, thanks to everyone who shared their stash with me and gave me wonderful fibre and embellishments to try out in the comfort of Clasheen, thanks to everyone who bought our new book with them for me to sign (obviously a new experience for me!), thanks to all my old and new friends who visited with me during the course of my working holiday and helped to make my stay in CA, MI and KY such an amazing experience, as always you are the best!!!