After the success (or lack of success!) with my last attempt to insert wire within my felt I decided to try a small sample as before but insert the wire as soon as I removed the laminate underlay resists. It worked!! I laid out a small landscape in Bheda wool using the mountains and fields surrounding me as inspiration. I inserted the wire, finished the felting and fulling process and voila. It was possible to manipulate the wire to create interesting shapes within the finished felted piece. I can’t wait to try this out on a much more ambitious project but will have to wait until my work for the Green Energy Fair is over.