This morning I finished the last of the 36 felt flowers for my sister’s lamp and as the latest batch are drying on the range I thought it would be fun to take a picture of some scattered amongst the leaves of my beautiful purple burning bush!
I didn’t find the flowers as tedious to felt as I had been expecting. Maybe it was the fact that I was only working on 36 and not 450 as previously for Sculpture in Context but anyway I enjoyed playing around with the colours and I hope that Suzanne will be happy with the result. This afternoon I am intending on punching a very small hole in the centre of each flower then unscrew the bulbs and refit them around the felt. I am consistently amazed at how versatile and wondrous a fabric felt is, the fact that wool is fire resistant means that these little lamp shades will be perfectly safe. When the lamp is fully assembled I promise to take some pictures before it wends its way to Suzanne in Dublin!