Exciting news re. felting wool, Clasheen Autumn Swap and last chance to view Sculpture in Context

There never seem to be enough hours in a day to fit in all the things that I really want to do.  Luckily my flu is now 90% over so I am starting to plough through all the paperwork and outstanding letters/emails etc. that built up over the 4 weeks while I was away from home.  My exciting news of the day however concerns the Icelandic wool that I will soon be selling from my Etsy store, I haven’t linked through this time because I need to wait until the wool arrives and get the images uploaded first!  The colours are fabulous and as well as offering different weights of the wool for sale I also intend putting some fun kits together with clear (hopefully!) instructions on how to make various different items.  The Icelandic wool is superb for structural work, bags, vessels, sculpture, light shades etc. and also could be used for warm scarves although would not be as soft as merino when worn directly against the skin.  Please let me know what you think about putting felting kits together, I was thinking along the lines of …..  beginners flat felt, simple felt vessel, felt purse, felt flower, felt necklace, felt brooch etc. and then a kit with instructions for a first nuno felt scarf using the fantastic short fibred merino I import from Filzrausch.  I would include all the raw materials including embellishments and any findings, clear but simple instructions and enough bubble wrap and resist where necessary to complete the project.  All comments gratefully received!

This Thursday is the deadline for all Clasheen Autumn Swap packages to be on their way across the globe!  If you have been one of our gang participating this time please remember to get your goddies out and then to leave a message of thanks and pictures to the Clasheen Crafty Swaps pool on Flickr as soon as you receive your own package.  If for any reason you are going to be a day or two late getting to the post PLEASE just leave a message on our message board.  Everyone understands if a delay occurs (so long as it is not every time!) and it just relieves the pressure on both ends of the swap.

Next Monday I will be taking down my felt ‘Cascade’ from Sculpture in Context so if you have not yet visited the Irish National Botanic Gardens in Dublin to view the exhibition now is your last chance.  Check out this article from the Irish Times.

Article in the Irish Times

Article in the Irish Times

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Exciting news re. felting wool, Clasheen Autumn Swap and last chance to view Sculpture in Context

  1. I can’t wait to see the new fibre, I know I will be wanting some…and glad you are feeling better. I think the felt kits are a great idea, I do scarf kits in knitting, and they sell like crazy. I used to do felt kits for a flat piece and I put everything in it , including a wee packet of soap, so it was truly an all in one, everything but the water, and it was also a hot seller. People like kits especially here, on a small island where we have a lot of tourists, and they want kits that all totally all inclusive so they can buy it and make it instantly…we are such an instant gratification society…so kits will be a big hit.

  2. Good morning Nicola,

    I think your felting kits will go like hotcakes! (Is that an expression that you use, too, or are you wondering, “What is she talking about now?!!!”) Anyway, great idea, having everything all assembled in one package. Would make wonderful gifts, too.

    You are just the most entrepreneurial person I know and you’re only running at 90%. Just wait until the other 10% of you is feeling better. Lookout world!

    Have to run and get my morning coffee.

    Hugs,
    Dawn

Please comment if you feel like it, I love the interactive nature of my blog!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s