Tomorrow morning I am going to make yet more felt flowers and then all the fun will start with assembling my ‘cascade’ for Sculpture in Context. Alan and I made a trip to the National Botanic Gardens on Saturday to have another look at where I will be installing my piece and discovered that the Great Palm House gets heavily misted twice a day. This leads me to think that I am going to slightly alter how I had planned securing the felt flowers so that if they do get very wet they will not droop and sag too much. I now intend stringing them on to clear nylon thread as opposed to wire and I need to buy some fishing weights for the bottom flowers. I hope that this will prevent the long strands from tangling together if there is a bit of a draft inside although I don’t think that there should be too much wind so fingers crossed it will be all right. Alan still can’t visualise what I have in mind and at this stage with the installation schedualed for Thursday I am beginning to get a bit nervous myself! When I made the submission I was informed I needed to have hundreds of flowers, now I am not sure that hundreds will create enough impact!!